Saturday, May 17, 2008

Market A Success!

Thanks to all who helped make the opening day of the Downtown Bloomington Farmer's Market a success! The beautiful weather, great food, wonderful music and relaxed atmosphere combine to make this one of the happiest spots in town on a Saturday morning.

Special Thanks to Elaine Sebald, the farmer's market volunteer coordinator. Besides all her work and attention at the market, she spends countless hours behind the scenes organizing, promoting and carrying out all the other tasks, big and small, that make it all possible. Cheers to Elaine! You can stop by and thank her yourself at the Farmer's Market table on the corner of Washington and Main.

As expected, the food went fast. I can't stress enough, GET THERE EARLY!
This year that's a little easier thanks to changes in the market hours. Starting in 2008 the new hours are 7:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.

On the table next week should be some more fresh green garlic, green onions, radishes, lettuce and by request some turnip greens (I'll save you a bag Sam). Again, I was sold out by 10 so get there early! I always stick around in case any flock share owners come by. Everyone is always welcome to come by my table and talk food!

2 comments:

SometimesKate said...

I cant wait till the garlic scapes are ready. I roast them with asparagus, drizzled with just the tiniest bit of olive oil so they caramelize a smidgen. I'm seriously considering trying to teach my cat Orion to walk on a leash and bring him with me. He loves people, and would probably enjoy it.

Save some turnip greens for me!

Henny Penny said...

What do I do with green garlic?